Saturday, July 30, 2011

Room vs. Keely Prt. 2

For a few minutes I thought I was loosing the war in my room, but the tides took an unexpected turn and now I seem to be winning the day! Two boxes have been cleared and purged and all that's left now are to fill them with trash then put them outside, thereby leaving only what is needed to be packed! There are piles everywhere and it LOOKS like the room is winning, but I have two allies backing me; my hands and a trash bag.

    It's been a bit difficult to say goodbye to things I thought I would want to keep, but also a testement to how much I've evolved, in that things I was so desperate to cling to I can look at now and say 'yes, its time to move on'. While its hard to chose between this stuffed animal and that old drawing book, its also been a lot easier than I had thought. I'm sure I'm not the first or last person to have these feelings or to even express them, but I will say that I'm very proud of myself for letting go of things that three years ago I would never have considered leaving.

  In all honesty, my trip to Europe cleared me of really any ideas I had in my head that I need 'things', so to speak. I lived for a month out of a duffel bag, and when I came home to my very small closet like room I remembered looking around and thinking "wow, I really don't need any of this. Why do I have so much!?" If I had to, I probably really COULD leave almost everything behind without much regret and just leave with a car,a cat, and a friend, but I also recognize  the fact that having pictures and other such things are a good way to remind you of your past and how much you HAVE changed.

    So room, I'm sorry to say, you may have one the battle, but I will win the war. HAHAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment