Friday, August 5, 2011

Easier to Walk than Run

    I have five days until I move, and as I look at my room I can't help but realize my mom was right. It isn't the big things that are hard to move, its the little things. There are so many little things! Things that I look at and go "wow, I really don't this...how do I even pack it?  Why do I even HAVE  this?" But as the days rapidly disappear I realize there are many things I simply have no need for, which is why I'm eternally grateful for friends who will take my things and thrift stores that will take these random things off my hands.

      But packing things isn't the only loose ends I need to tie up. I need new breaks or I'll most likely crash in a fiery blaze in cow country (which I'm sure the bovines would get a kick out of), and I need to figure out just how much drugs I need to give to my cat without killing him and make sure his shots are still up to date (gods I hope they are. Its probably expensive if he needs new ones). All of these things take time, I realize, and I should be rushing since I don't have much time left. But I find myself walking through all of it, and being reluctant. It's probably my subconscious telling me to slow down and take in these last few days. And its most likely true, now that I think (or write) about it. 

      Through all of this packing, stalling, and expensive money spending (thank you 400 dollar tires!), I've lost sight of the reason I want to move. And then, like an electronic voice from above, a friend of mine wrote something down that made me realize that I'm doing a very good thing by leaving home. And so, to give me a slap in the face whenever I feel that I'm having a freakout, I'm posting it here so that I won't lose sight of my reasons for moving again.

  "I'm starting to look at those times when things are "falling apart" much differently. We WANT change.... and well, that's what change is. How can you build the new house with the preexisting one sitting on the foundation? The bricks have to break apart, the roof has to cave in." 


     This life, this town, this phase of my life, has to come crashing down. I had wanted change, I made the decision to make it so, and now I'm dragging my feet and trying to deny it. Time to man (or woman) up, accept that I'm, you know, EXCITED about this move, and get moving! Signs and words from the powers that be come from anywhere and everything, and today, they came through a very amazing friend. Thank you universe, for helping me get my groove back!

No comments:

Post a Comment