Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Don't You Wish You Were a Masochist Too!?

  Hi, my name is Keely, and I'm a masochist.

 *insert standard drone/slightly bored/slightly aggitated 'hiiiiiii keely' *

   While some people simply do the normal thing like stalk their exes just to see them smile one more time, or listen to Brittany Spears to remember their Jr high years despite the fact that they realize she's bad, I do a much more dorkier yet equally painful thing.

   I  start watching vlogs about life in Japan.

   The sane part of my brain says "Keely you KNOW you can't go to Japan. Nor can you go to a high school and be a high school student there. Or be an English teacher. This is not healthy. You need to look away from the screen and stop looking at how much plane tickets cost."

    But the funner, more irrational side urges me on. It doesn't help that I've been having conversations with my Japanese friends of late, writing and speaking in Japanese. Its not a good thing at all. But I keep doing it. I've been consumed with a need to be in Japan since I was 14 years old. But as we didn't have an exchange program in our school, nor did I have the grades to do it anyway, I never got to be a student in the hallow halls of Japan. Not a big deal really. Not going to Japan AT ALL is what is killing me. So somehow, some way, I will get there.

     In the mean time, I will watch THIS girl to tide me over. She's cute, quirky, and surprisingly funny despite her obvious love affair with the word 'like'. She's got pretty good inadvertent comedic timing as well, which is always a good sign in a person. And we can't forget THIS girl either. Her's is a more college experience...and one that is actually probably a lot more informative whereas the other girl is just fun to watch. Oh how I wish I were in Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment