Monday, February 7, 2011

Common Sense Misses Again!

You know that adage 'look before you leap'? I have learned this lesson all too well today. I WOULD be mad that I just spend 12 dollars on a product that I thought was going to work only to find out it might be bad for me, but really, it was my fault. I should have read before I bought. Or perhaps I should have seen the sarcasm in the words that were written about said product. Either way I can't get mad because it was my fault for not fully reading the article.

   So what is this terrible thing I've wasted my money on? Soap. That's right, soap. Its from Japan, and its name is AHA Soap. Underneath it, it says 'mild chemical peeling soap'. Now, I really want to get rid of my top layer of skin. Why? because it has some things on it that I could really do away with (like larger pours awkwardly gracing my cheeks). And since I didn't want to spend 500 dollars doing it I thought 'well, why not with this soap! Twelve dollars is a lot cheaper!' Supposedly this soap burns your skin raw and 'peels it'.

   Or that's what I thought. Turns out, it simply make your skin dry to rawness. Not fun, and it sounds painful right?

    Unfortunately for my face, my curiosity has gotten the better of me, and I find that since I've already spent my money, I might as well use the product! And if I went the inch, I might as well go the mile right!?


So here is my before face:



(Awww, aren't I cute...and...purple)

aaaaaannnnd here is my after face:



      I'm not sure if it fully shows it, but my face wasn't too bad at all! It was pretty pink on my cheeks, but I didn't feel the burning sensation that your supposed to feel, and my skin didn't feel overly dry or red. So this leaves me with several hypothesis.

1) The girl in the article just has really sensitive skin

2) I should have left it on longer

3) My skin is so bad that it needed a stronger chemical

4) The company has revamped its line and the soap is now 'milder'

   But other than that, no harm has come to me so I think I'll just keep using the soap until something adverse happens.


                   Oh yes, I'm living my life on the edge.....

No comments:

Post a Comment